- 15+Regional Market Updates
- 10+Miller and Trader Views
- Hosted in SE Asia’s largest consumer market
Price, demand, policy intervention, weather, and many other factors continue to impact Grain and Feed markets. As South East Asian economies project consumption growth, they remain massive demand markets and opportunities are set to increase with ASEAN integration.
IBC’s unparalled track record in Agribusiness and Grains events ensures value add from both networking and market information perspectives. Putting the spotlight on the Asian region as a whole, the 2 day conference will focus on consumption trends, demand outlook, trade opportunities and investment partnerships.
- Given current consumption rates, Indonesia could import more than 10 million tonnes of wheat per year in the coming five years
- Corn imports rose by 22% in 2014 and consumption growth will increase to 13.8mn tonnes by 2018, with demand mainly driven by the increasing need for animal feed
- Rice imports are expected to be 1.3 mt from January to December 2015
- 1 million hectares of tertiary irrigation channels being rehabilitated for rice production
- The country is Asia’s largest soybean market with domestic consumption close to 2.5 million tons
President Director, BULOG
|Rex C. Estoperez|
Director of Public Affairs Department, National Food Authority- Philippines
Edy Putra Irwandy